The diet of the area proposes a model of healthy eating that seeks to create a hormonal balance to improve weight and health. However, it is important to analyze their disadvantages. The diet of the area is one of the food models that have become more popular in recent years. It was designed by the American Barry Sears and managed to become a trend after being adopted by some Hollywood stars. Through this proposal, an alternative is suggested to guide nutrition in such a way that health and weight can be improved. In fact, one of its main characteristics is that it organizes food with respect to the influence of food on the metabolism.
What exactly does it consist of? What are its disadvantages? Before deciding to adopt it is very important to know how it works and what effects it has. Therefore, we want to review its most relevant aspects and the adverse reactions that should not be ignored.
What is the Diet of the Area and What is its Objective?
The diet of the zone is a style of Eating that is based on the regulation of the hormones by means of a model whose formula is 40% of carbohydrates, 30% of proteins and 30% of fats in each one of the main meals. It is based on a theory that suggests decreasing inflammation of cells, which he points to as responsible for overweight, aging and diseases such as diabetes and Alzheimer’s.
“Its main objective is to reach and maintain a metabolic state, which it calls “being in the zone”. By attaining this state, the body and mind work at their maximum efficiency and, therefore, maintain general well-being”.
Therefore, beyond being a diet, it stands out as a nutritional concept to facilitate the balance of meals for the benefit of health.
Basics of the Diet of the Area
The main basis of the diet in the area is the combination of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in a ratio of 40-30-30. Through this balance we seek a hormonal regulation to maintain satiety for up to 5 hours. Although it is a plan that does not pay too much attention to total calories, the ideal thing is that these proportions are composed of healthy foods. In addition, other basic rules must be followed to be effective:
- Make five meals a day
- Have breakfast in the first hour after waking up
- Eat every 4 or 5 hours, even if there is no feeling of hunger
- Drink up to 2 liters of water per day
- Consume complex carbohydrates (whole grains, fruits, vegetables, etc.)
- Opt for “healthy” type fats such as omega 3 (olive oil, nuts, fatty fish, etc.)
- Take proteins in each meal to prevent the decrease of sugar (lean meats, eggs, vegetables, dairy, etc.)
Benefits of the Diet of the Area
The diet of the area aims to educate people to improve their diet permanently. Therefore, unlike other famous regimes, it is not a restrictive or hypo caloric plan. What benefits does it provide?
- Activates the body to consume the reserves of fat that costs so much “burn”.
- It helps to balance the hormones that control the concentration of glucose in the blood: insulin and glucagon.
- By controlling the hormonal activity favors the reduction of imbalances in the levels of cellular inflammation.
- Favors weight loss without going through hunger or suffering.
- Controls the feeling of anxiety about food and avoids the excesses of unhealthy foods.
- Improves the condition of the skin, nails and hair.
- It increases the antioxidant capacity of the organism to eliminate particles of free radicals that accelerate aging.
- Optimizes the functioning of the immune system and helps prevent diseases.
Disadvantages of the Diet of the Area
Although it has managed to position itself as a model of healthy eating, the diet of the area has its detractors. For example, the Spaniard Aitor Sánchez Garcia, writer of the book Mi Dieta Come, published in 2016, called it a great fallacy. The nutritionist and food technologist also suggests that this project has economic purposes that benefit the industry. This is because specific foods are needed to meet the 40-30-30 formula. In addition, everything must be very well calculated and planned so as not to fail in the attempt to maintain it. Therefore, your followers should have the book at hand to learn precisely how to design their meals.
The recommended proportions for a correct balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats are very different from that recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO). Consequently, it could affect some diseases associated with excess protein and fat. It is evident that to follow the diet of the area you have to have a total disposition to improve the lifestyle and food. However, each particular case should be analyzed to see if it can meet the needs of each one.
advantages and disadvantages of dietary assessment methods, disadvantages of the zone diet, advantages and disadvantages of eating out essay, advantages and disadvantages of snacks, fast food advantage and disadvantage in english essay, benefits of eating at home vs eating out, advantages of fast food, disadvantages of fast food, diet of the area, mysupplementreviews.org, mysupplementreviews, my supplement reviews
#advantagesanddisadvantagesofdietaryassessmentmethods #disadvantagesofthezonediet #advantagesanddisadvantagesofeatingoutessay #advantagesanddisadvantagesofsnacks #fastfoodadvantageanddisadvantageinenglishessay #benefitsofeatingathomevseatingout #advantagesoffastfood #disadvantagesoffastfood #dietofthearea #mysupplementreviewsorg #mysupplementreviews